Tomorrow’s Leaders Stepping Up Today
United Way of Southern Nevada recognizes and applauds the accomplishments and efforts of this dynamic group of young philanthropists. These leaders are passionate about creating lasting change in alignment with United Way’s Community-based Agenda goals focusing on education, financial stability and health.
Young Philanthropists Society is a membership group of young financial contributors who are committed through resources and time to give back to their community through philanthropic efforts, advocacy and volunteerism.
Members of the Young Philanthropists Society benefit by increasing their community involvement, understanding the non-profit agenda and engaging in meaningful experiences that will prepare them for community leadership.
To make a difference in children’s lives through volunteerism, mentorship and events by harnessing the energy, commitment and diverse skills sets of the next generation of leaders.
- Young Philanthropists enjoy a full roster of educational, social, and service events designed to help them improve their leadership skills and expand their personal and professional contacts. Business networking, volunteer and social opportunities, recognition in the leadership giving roster, special communications are some of the unique benefits of being a member of the Young Philanthropists Society.Lunch with an Executive/Leader: Members network and have lunch with high level business and community leaders.
- Active Community Service and Volunteer Projects: Young Philanthropists and their families come together to provide community service to those in need.
- Networking and Social Events: Members develop personal and professional relationships through a variety of events throughout the year.
Executive Members ($2,500)
Christy Corda | LeRoy Godfrey | Edward Koijane | Tom Kovach | Kyle Markman | Jeffrey D Mitchell | Geoff Spataro | 1 Anonymous
General Members ($1,500)
Anthony Golden | Kimberly Hopps | Timothy McGovern | Jill Maradiaga | Robert Murray | John Parris | Sean Remedios | Rachel Rice | Scott Savarda | Victoria Tonsall | 4 Anonymous
|Co-Chairs||James Arnold, Jody Belsick|
|Project Funding Committee Chair||Robert McPeak|
|Membership & Outreach Committee Chair||Jordan Sacca|
|Volunteer Committee Chair||Justin Micatrotto|
|Leadership and Roundtable Committee Chair||JB Hossler|
|The Piggy Bank Committee Chair||Chelsie Campbell|
|Communication Committee Chair||Tivona Betz|
Become A Young Philanthropist Society Member:
The Young Philanthropists Society is open to professionals in their 20s to 40s who:
- Want to connect and make a difference in their community
- Invest $1,500 minimum annually (general membership) or $2,500 minimum annually (executive membership)
- Volunteer their time and talent
General Membership | Invest minimum $1,500 annually
- Receive listing recognition in the annual United Way HEROES publication
- Eligible to participate as a member of one of the YPS committees
- Eligible to participate in YPS functions
- Act as ambassadors at United Way and YPS functions and events
Executive Committee Membership | Invest $2,500 annually
- Eligible to serve as a co-chair on one of the YPS committees
- Act as hosts at United Way functions and YPS events
- Receive photo and name recognition in the annual United Way HEROES publication
- Receive photo and profile rotating spotlight opportunity on website
- Eligible to participate in YPS functions
Become A Member Here
For membership information please contact Jason Soto, Director of YPS in our Major Gifts Department at (702) 892-2360 or JasonS@uwsn.org
5pm – 9pm Please join your fellow YPS members for a holiday celebration and thank you event for another great year of philanthropy. Please bring your significant other, family and/or potential member. RSVP by 12/4/13 to JasonS@uwsn.org or 702.892.2360
Reading Wranglers was created by the Las Vegas Wranglers in partnership with The Public Education Foundation and is presented by the United Way of Southern Nevada’s Young Philanthropists Society. http://lasvegaswranglers.com/community/reading-wranglers/ If you would like tickets to this event please contact Jason.
Fridays Ongoing — The Piggy Bank at Bracken (Fridays, ongoing) 7:45am-11:00am. Please read Piggy Bank Procedures
12/18/13 — Hollingsworth Holiday Party 11am-12:30pm
December 17, 2010- United Way’s Young Philanthropists Society and its Kids & Cops Program Get in the Holiday Spirit with Students at Hollingsworth Elementary School
May 13, 2010- United Way’s Young Philanthropists Society Increases Membership, Funds for Local Community
October 27, 2009- United Way Launches Young Philanthropists Society