Securing families’ finances so that they can weather any storm
In our local community and in alignment with United Way’s national goals, United Way of Southern Nevada is committed to helping families improve their financial situation through financial literacy programs, tax services, and long term savings planning.
Please watch our video:
To help all individuals and families work towards the goals of financial self-sufficiency through education, support and training.
Create a cycle of financial success for individuals and families in order to build long-term economic independence.
- Increase access to family-sustaining employment.
- Increase access to income support such as the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Increase financial management knowledge and skills.
- Increase access to low-cost financial products and services to build stable financial resources.
- More than 26,000 total tax returns have been filed, with $20.4M in tax credits returned and a total of $34.4M in tax refunds provided back into the community
- More than 30,400 kids, grades 1-5, participated in financial literacy education, showing a 41% increase (in ‘11-‘14) in financial fluency
- More than $42,000 saved by the students of Walter Bracken Elementary School through the Piggy Bank Program
Aligning our community impact work in Education, Financial Stability, and Health, United Way recognizes that it takes a healthy, educated child to become a financially self-sufficient adult, and that it takes a financially stable family to foster the health and education of its children.