United Way of Southern Nevada has approved and is pleased to release this 2014 Request for Proposals (RFP). Content was generated to assist in making this process more refined and collaborative with all of our impact areas.
United Way of Southern Nevada, hereafter referred to as UWSN, is committed to making the greatest possible impact in the following critical areas which research has identified as the building blocks of a good life:
- Financial Stability
Over the last several years, UWSN has evolved from its roots as a fundraising organization to a critical community convener which mobilizes local partners including businesses, key community leaders and Clark County residents to expand opportunities for people to become successful.
This RFP reflects a consensus to create a permanent positive change in the lives of the people throughout southern Nevada:
- Preparing children to enter school ready to learn, to graduate and to become successful adults
- Help families meet their basic needs, improve financial stability and move out of poverty
- Empower children to adopt a healthy lifestyle and access quality care
Purpose of the United Way of Southern Nevada 2014 Request for Proposals
United Way of Southern Nevada Community Impact RFP is a competitive process open to all programs of 501(c)(3) entities by the State of Nevada and the Internal Revenue Service and not for profit public/government agencies providing services to individuals currently residing in southern Nevada.
The primary purpose of this Request for Proposals is to communicate the process steps to all applicants. The secondary purpose is to encourage all applicants to apply for funding to enter into a partnership with UWSN to bring into reality a shared vision or change and to implement a collective plan of action to make this vision/change demonstrable.
Programs selected to receive the funding grant will be those best able to:
- Articulate implementation of a clearly-stated funding plan
- Show collaboration with other community partners
- Demonstrate measurable lasting positive impact
Grant funding period: July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015
Top things for applicants to know:
- United Way of Southern Nevada funds only organizations that have been determined to be 501 (c) (3) entities by the State of Nevada and the Internal Revenue Service and not for profit public/government agencies with experience in the provision of education, health or financial stability.
- DEADLINE: Request for Proposals (RFP) with all attachments by 4:00pm, Monday, March 31, 2014 to RFP@uwsn.org.
- NO late applications will be accepted.
- If funded, a representative must attend the Measurement and Reporting Tool Session and agree to report common measurements as defined.
- United Way staff is available to answer your questions. Contact Marilyn Provost at (702)892-2331 or RFP@uwsn.org